Repost of an Under Armour Women Speed Freek Bozeman 600G Insulation WaterProof Hunting Boots from 2009 by Charles S. Viar (Twitter: present chairman of the Center for Intelligence Studies in Washington D.C. (reposted here for layout reasons; in accordance with the copyright notice at the bottom of the essay):
Columbia Women's ATS Trail FS38 Outdry Hiking Shoe - Choose SZ/color
Charles S. Viar
Although the origins of intelligence have been lost in the mists of time, the practice is at least as ancient as warfare. In what is perhaps the oldest written reference to an intelligence operation, The Book of Numbers recounts God’s command that Moses dispatch a reconnaissance team to scout the Israelite advance upon the Promised Land:
Send thou men, that they may search the land of Canaan, which I give unto the Children of Israel. Of every tribe of their fathers shall ye send a man, everyone a ruler among them…
Had the Canaanites possessed an effective counterintelligence capability, the story of the Israelite assault might have ended differently. For even a minimal foreknowledge of their intentions and capabilities would have made it possible for the Canaanites to organize a more effective defense. But as may be inferred from the Bible, they failed to detect the operation directed against them.Kenneth Cole REACTION Women's Road Block Ankle Bootie with Low Heel BootCLARKS Women's Caddell Yale Wedge Pump - Choose SZ/color
For that, they paid a fearsome price.
Dr. Scholl's Women's Svetlana Flat - Choose SZ/color
Narrowly defined as “evaluated information,” intelligence is a dynamic process that involves the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data to national policymakers and other government officials of lesser rank. Intelligence serves to forewarn them of likely actions, events, and developments within their sphere of responsibility; and aids in matching available resources to threats and opportunities alike. As such, it is the sine qua non of effective statecraft.
More broadly, intelligence also serves as a force-multiplier. Much as Archimedes Lever makes it possible to magnify mechanical force transmitted across space, covert and clandestine intelligence operations make it possible for states to enhance the power they project beyond their frontiers.Naturalizer Women's Dallas Ankle Bootie, Black, 6 W USChinese Laundry Women's Craze Fashion Boot, Black Knit, 6 M US History is littered with examples of small and middling states exercising disproportionate influence through the deft application of secret intelligence.
Given the enormous – and occasionally decisive – advantages conferred by effective intelligence in the Great Game of Nations, well-governed states seek to maximize the effectiveness of their own intelligence services and to protect themselves against hostile services deployed against them.Coconuts by Matisse Women's Ally Ankle Bootie, Saddle, 7.5 M USSteve Madden Women's Edit Navy VelvetHigh Heel Zip Bootie - 6 BM US Domestic security typically provides one level of defense, and counterintelligence another.
VANELi Womens dollie Closed Toe Mid-Calf Fashion Boots
Although counterintelligence has been recognized as an integral component of state security since the Chinese military scholar Sun Tzu published The Art of War in the Fourth or Fifth century BC, the concept remains muddled. For almost two and a half millennia, the term itself has defied definition.
According to James Angleton, the legendary former Chief of CIA Counterintelligence, the term is ineffable. Although Angleton’s Deputy Chief for Operations generally concurred, he believed counterintelligence could nonetheless be described in terms of core functions. Bed Stu Brown Leather Ankle Booties Boho Festival Chic Boots Size 8La Botte Gardiane Billy Metallic Black Chelsea Boots - 38 crepe soleAngleton’s Deputy Chief for Analysis, however, disagreed with both. According to Raymond G. Rocca, counterintelligence is self-defined: it applies to any action undertaken to counter, i.e., negate, the efforts of hostile intelligence services.
Having studied under all three of the practitioners listed above, the writer of this paper eventually concluded Rocca’s understanding is more nearly correct; and has since argued that counterintelligence can be best illustrated by contrast. Where counterespionage – or security – seeks to neutralize individual spies and spy rings, counterintelligence attempts to neutralize hostile intelligence services as a whole.The Fix Women's Emilia Double Bow Pointed-Toe Flat, Black, 9.5 B US
- FRANCO SARTO Suede Boots - Black - Side Zipper - 3.5" Heel - Size 9.5M - EUC!
- Bottine femme Simili Peau brides décorative et Talon Carré Doré!
- Jeffrey Campbell Women's Black Rubber Ankle Boots Shoe Size 9 NWD!
- BCBG Maxazria Slink Over-The-Knee Day Boot Brown Size 9 MSRP $450 see notes
- NEW $470 DOLCE & GABBANA Shoes Blue Sequined Logo Loafers Espadrilles EU44/US11
- Man/Woman Lacoste 734SPM0025_LT-SPIRIT Crazy price Fast delivery British temperament
- New Rockport Men's Navy Blue Loafers Size 7M US
- Men's Cobian Draino 2 Black Slip-on Flip-flops Size 11.5 M
- Stuart Weitzman Loafers Women's Shoes Size 10 N Pewter Driving Moccasin
- Skechers Mens - Black Walking Shoes Size 10 (423941)
- Saucony Men's Kilkenny XC Track and Field Shoes-Men's size 11 Orange / Black
- Men Winter Warm Slip On Padded Loafers Fur Lined Snow Boots Fashion Casual Shoes
- Korea Style Cowboy Western Men Shoe Motorcycle Knight Boot Punk Buckle Side Zip
- Giorgio Brutini Mens MARCELO Black Leather Slip On Dress Ankle Boots Size 9
- Mens Ankle short cheslea Boots Round Toe Punk Suede British Style shoes New hot
- Eastland Women's Seneca Olive Boot - 13 C/D US
- POGGS Boots Men's Size 9 Fishing Wading Lightweight Olive Green #B1911
- Converse CTAS Modern Hi Shoes SZ 9 Mens Sneakers Chuck Taylor All Star All Black
- Versace White Silver Unknown Platforms Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Gentleman/Lady Size 8.5 Cole Haan Durable service Used in durability Reliable reputation
- Mens 7.5 Adidas Hemp Gazelle Sage Green Shoes
- Manolo Blahnik Medium Purple Hangisi Satin 70mm Pumps Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin "Strass" Crystal Flats Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
- SALE Nike Free Trainer V7 Week Zero Ohio State Buckeyes OSU AA0881-605 DS Sz 10
- VNDS Air Max 1 "Dynamic Blue" sz 9.5
- adidas Alphabounce Beyond J Grey Kids Junior Running Shoes Sneakers CQ1485
- 12 WOMEN'S NIKE CLASSIC CORTEZ GOLD BLACK RUNNING CASUAL SHOES CLASIC
- White Mountain Women's Crawford Thong Sandal Brown Crazy Horse Leather
- Skechers BOBS Women's High-Notes - Bell Kick Sneak - Choose SZ/color
- NIKE AIR MAX PLUS EF BRAND NEW (SIZE 11.5) AH9697-201
- Nike Air Huarache "Green Abyss" - 318429 331 - Size 9
- Bogs Classic High Black Shine 10 Waterproof Rainboot Creek 41 Rubber Rain Boot
- Frye Melissa Tall Riding Boots Black Soft Vintage Leather Size 5.5
- Blowfish Carter Womens Canvas Casual Slip On Classic Fashion Sneaker Loafer Shoe
- BOBS from Skechers Womens Bobs Squad-Double Dare Fashion Sneaker
- Barefoot Freedom by Drew Women's Delite Mary Jane Comfort Work Flats 7 M US
- TOD's White Silver Leather Derby Ballet Ballerina Flats 37 EU-US 7 (3718) $495+
- El Naturalista Genuine Soft Grain Leather Dolce Flat Loafer Made In Spain Sz 39
- NIB $250 Tory Burch ALLIE Logo Ballet Flat Shoe BURGUNDY Borscht Logo Suede Sz 8
- NEW BALANCE WOMEN WL696WPP 696 SUEDE RUNNING CLASSICS ROSE PINK Sneakers 6-10
- Propet Women's One LT Sneaker, Grey/Berry, 9 Wide US
- Limited WOMEN'S NIKE AIR MAX 1 SPRING MIX - BRAND NEW - SIZE: 5
- DANSKO Sz EU41 US 9.5 Black Women's Leather Slip On Mules Clogs
- Unstitched Utilities Women's Cosmo Low Sorbet/Grey Sneakers
- Olukai Nohea Moku Boys Kids size 2 Trench Blue Slip On Comfort Shoes X14-1280
- CONVERSE John varvatos - Blue - Size 9.5
- Men's suede Breathable Round Toe Moccasins Casual Slip On Loafers Driving Shoes
- SURGUT Brand Fashion Summer Style Soft Moccasins Men Loafers High Quality Genuin
- Lacoste Men's Court-Minimal 217 1, Navy, Size 13.0
- Moda Spana Women's Brown Suede Ankle Boots Side Zip High Heel Size 11M
- Dan Post Womens Burgundy Leather Western Cowboy Boots USA 7.5 M
- BCBG SIGMOND TALL OVER THE KNEE BLACK LEATHER STRETCH ELASTIC BACK MOTO BOOTS
- ZIGI Rock & Candy Women's Spraypaint Combat Booties Black Cuffed Size 10 M
- $169.95 Steve Madden Womens Carrie Tall Slouch Boot Shoes, Black Suede, US 9
- Sperry Cold Bay Sport Boot w/ Vibram Arctic Grip Waterproof Cold Weather Boots
- Mens Off White Crocodile Exotic Skin Shoes Western Cowboy Sneakers Size 7.5
- Crocs Unisex Black Classic Clogs Perforated Heel Strap Mint Casual Beach Sandal
- Man/Woman Crocs Crocband Flip Ocean Electric Blue Best-selling worldwide buy buy online
- Keen Mens Uneek Stipes 1014620 Dahlia Raya Size 10
- Men's COMFORTABLE Court Classic Fashion Sneaker Shoes,10 DM US,Whitegreen
- Mizuno Mens Size 10.5 Heist Iq Baseball Cleats Metal Black White New
- Mens Special Forces Military Boot Army Boot Tactical Combat Boots Shoes 10-3
- Wacoal Women's Frivole Padded Balcony Bra - Choose SZ/Color
- Boots Shoes Men NEW Winter Snow Waterproof Ski Boots Size 35-48 Warm Fashion
- TONY LAMA Mens Cowboy Boots Leather Brown Black 7.5 D Western Rodeo 6171
- Fila Men's Stormer Military and Tactical Boot Food Service Shoe
- Mens Korea Rivet High Top Shoes Wedges Inside Knight Skateboard Sneakers Vogue
- Sperry Top-Sider 7 Seas 3-Eye Boat Shoe - Mens
- Vlado Footwear Shoes Aristocrat ll Fashion Men Red New
- Gentleman/Lady: Jordan 1 Size 12: Remember
- Giuseppe Zanotti Floral Embroidered Velvet Betty Shaghai Sandals Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
- Jimmy Choo Silver Lance Mirror Sandals Size US 12 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black Alti Patent Pumps Size EU 40.5 (Approx. US 10.5) Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Jordan Flight Club '91 Black/Gold-Wht Mens Basketball Shoes 555475-031
- Men's Nike Lunar Fingertrap TR Cross Trainer Shoe Black/White-Black 898066 001
- adidas Supernova ST Women's Running Shoes Size 9.5 White Silver Aqua BB3507
- Nike LunarEpic Low Flyknit 2 Women's Running Shoes 863780-600 Size 9
- Women's Zip Up Suede Fabric Stretch Over Knee Boots High Heel Shoes US Size O136
- NINE WEST DIABLE BOOTS BROWN TAN COGNAC RIDING BOOTS Sz 5
- NIKE AIR SPAN II MIAMI SZ 13 SOUTH BEACH WOLF GREY KINETIC GREEN AH8047 006
- Nike Id Air Zoom Flight Five V Retro Jason Kidd White Silver Miller Pacer Sz 16
- Luxury Womens Velvet Shoes Pointy Toe Stilettos Heel Fur Furry Party Boots Sizes
- Miz Mooz Women's Bloom Boot, Forest, 6.5 M US
- AS98 Isha Bootie - NIB - Free Shipping
- EUC Jeffrey Campbell Women's Size US 7 Sparkling Jelly Jam Yellow Flats
- Tommy Hilfiger Kadesa Pointed toe slip on Suede loafers sz 11
- Womens SANITA multi-colored leather / fabric clogs shoes sz. 36
- Lanvin Womens Flats Size 37 7 Brown Lambskin Leather Cap Toes
- Women's Tory Burch Minnie Travel Red Ballet Flats Size 9.5
- Nike Womens Hyperdunk 2016 High Basketball Shoes White 844391 110 Size 9.5
- Nike Air Max 1 Essential Womens 599820-022 Black White Running Shoes Size 7
- Nike Womens Air Max 95 Running Trainers 307960 Sneakers Shoes 201
- Air Jordan Wmns 1 Retro High Snakeskin Women New Black Sneakers AH7389-014
- Air Jordan 23 Shoes - Black Teal - Young Women's Size 5 - 5YW
- NIB Raf Simons Stan Smith CREAME UK Size 7 / US men’s 7.5 / US WMNS 8.5 $400+
- OluKai Men's Brown Suede Loafers Mocs Size 12/13
- Casual Mens Faux Leather Loafers Shoes Flats Moccasin Gommino Slip Ons Round Toe
- Skechers Men's on-The-Go Glide-Aboard Boat Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- Bogs Mens Bmoc Slip on Rain Shoe Fabric Closed Toe Slip On Black Size 9.0
- SEXY VINTAGE BOHO LEATHER Ladies URBAN COWBOY BOOTS 7.5 M
- The North Face Womens Amore II Shiny Radiance Purple/Blue Winter Boots (7) NIB
- Anne Klein Womens geonna Leather Pointed Toe Ankle Fashion, Beige, Size 10.0 KoT
- Thalia Sodi Womens Lidiaa Fabric Closed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots, Black, Size 7.0
- Isaac Mizrahi Brown Leather Tryst Scallop Detail Pull On Ankle Boot 7.5W Sale
- Rhinestones Pointy Toe Slip On Loafers Mens Casual Driving Flats Shoes Plus Size
- Arfango Alberto Moretti Men's Loafer Slip On Shoes Bow Tie 7 US 41 NEW
- STANCO *White/Blue* Luxurious Grain Calf Leather Mocassini/Loafer Shoes 8.5 US
- Merkmak Plus Size 38-46 Men Sandals Genuine Leather Fashion Summer Men Slippers
- Corso Como Womens Jackey Ballet Flat- Pick SZ/Color.
- NIKE SPRINT RACING SHOES BLACK AND WHITE SIZE 11 NO BOX OR TAGS
- Reebok Gray Navy Blue Nylon Casual Running Sport Sneaker Shoes Men's Size 12
- Mens Dexter boots - brown - size 13
- Black Leather Combat Work Boots Steel Toe Vibram Soles Size 8 1/2
- Mens Skechers Morson Gelson Tan Black Waterproof Memory Foam Relaxed Boots 9.5
- Rockport Mens Brown Work & Safety Boots Size 10 (E, W) (417814)
- Larry Mahan Men's Western Cowboy Boots Burgundy Leather Vintage US Made 9.5 EE
- Justin's Basics Brown Leather Cowboy Boots JB3001 Size 10.5 D
- Men's Loafers Metallic Pointy Toe Driving Shoes Slip On Chain Woven Casual Shoes
- Ralph Lauren Purple Label Men Ronan Calf Suede Driving Loafer Charcoal Grey 11
- NEW adidas Beqt Mid F38373 Womens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALE
Durango Women's Crush Chelsea Booties - Round Toe - DRD0302
In a more perfect world, intelligence services would aspire to comprehensive coverage of their targets. But in actual practice, physical, organizational, political, and budgetary constraints have traditionally forced them to limit their collection activities to data pertaining to the targeted state’s organization, capabilities, and intentions. More recently, intelligence services have been tasked with gathering financial, economic, and technical data as well; and with the development of remote collection techniques, the amount of raw data collected by major intelligence services has become staggering in both scope and volume.
From a theoretical standpoint, intelligence collection and analysis should not be especially difficult. But given the fact that intelligence services routinely devote a substantial portion of their resources to deception operations designed to deceive their adversaries, Sperry Top-Sider Women's Victory Cadence Black Riding Boot, 5 M USthe task is far more difficult than it first appears. Tables of organization and orders of battle can be faked, deployment patterns and readiness indicators manipulated, and communications traffic played for purpose. Indeed, almost any sort of intelligence data can be fabricated and fed to foreign intelligence services through sacrificial spies, dangles, false defectors, and dispatched agents.
This inherent vulnerability to hostile deception operations lays bare what Angleton formally referred to as the Epistemological Problem:Carlos by Carlos Santana Women's Axel Western Boot, Black, 6 Medium USKeen Women's Terradora WP Mid Hiking Boot Dapple Grey/Vapor Size 8 - NEW.
Given the fact that foreign intelligence services routinely mount large and carefully crafted deception operations against us, how can we know what we believe to be true is actually so?
In less guarded moments, he called it “That damnable question.”
ECCO Women's Soft 7 Slip-on Sneaker, - Choose SZ/color
As intelligence practitioners will attest, it is a damnable question indeed. Nonetheless, there are two solutions to the problem – one partial, the other complete.
The first solution is to look at intelligence data in terms of a jigsaw puzzle extending across time. VINCE Womens Connor Suede Fur lined Tall Boot ,dark brown, Sz US11,After fitting together as many of the pieces as possible, one may flag those that are known to be true beyond doubt. Subsequent pieces that fit with those may be presumed true, in the absence of contrary evidence.
Although this approach has considerable merit – including especially the way it facilitates intuitive judgments – the results it generates are both probabilistic and tentative. The likelihood that new data may significantly alter the pattern is high.
In contrast, the second solution can provide definitive answers – but only rarely, Love Moschino Women's Chain Winter Boot Black/Black 35 M EUwhen two relatively unlikely events occur simultaneously: 1) a high-level penetration agent confirms the validity of specific intelligence data, and 2) a code break “backstops” the veracity of the confirming agent. In the world of intelligence, certainty depends upon serendipity.
The recruitment of high-level penetration agents is rare, and code breaks are even more so. They occur together perhaps once a decade, and when they do intelligence analysts emerge from their garrets to enjoy a brief moment of clarity. But when the agent is lost or the codes are changed, they are condemned to wander once more through what Angleton termed “The Wilderness of Mirrors” – an Epistemological Hell from which neither truth nor falsehood may be surely obtained.
LifeStride Women's Sikora Riding Boot - Choose SZ/Color
Determining the validity of intelligence data thus depends in part on recruiting from the enemy’s ranks senior political office holders or high-ranking government officials, and in part upon breaking their codes. But once affected, these unlikely circumstances open a window to other intriguing possibilities – including, Coconuts by Matisse Women's Mars Boot, Olive, 7.5 M USNaturalizer Women's Dev Wc Riding Boot, Saddle, 7.5 M USspecifically, offensive counterintelligence operations designed to penetrate, infiltrate, and suborn the target’s intelligence service in order to play it back against the state it serves. The ultimate goal of such operations is to entice or provoke the targeted state into undertaking ruinous and self-destructive actions.Frye Reina 3472058-Blk Black Leather Side Bootie Womens Zip Ankle Boots Size 9MSeychelles Women's Bloodstone Taupe Suede Boot 7 M
As Angleton observed, successful politicians and senior government officials are a remarkably homogenous lot. For the most part, they derive from roughly comparable social circumstances and share core formative experiences in common. Cougar Creek Black Red Sherpa Lining Winter Snow Boot Womens Size 8Wolverine Women's Nimble FX Work Boot Black/Black Mesh/LeatherThey attend the same schools – or at least the same types of schools – and are imbued with the same canon. They also hold remarkably similar beliefs and values, and share certain characteristic attitudes regarding the larger world. Together these form something akin to a collective psyche, or what Angleton termed the “Mind of the State.”
If states have minds, they also have states of mind – and as with individuals, it is their state of mind that makes them most vulnerable to deception. For a state of mind is a predisposition to belief or action; and if that predisposition can be accurately gauged,Carlos by Carlos Santana Women's Tempe Boot, Doe, 6 M USWomen's Shoes Dr. Martens Pascal Wanderlust Boots 23317115 Bone / Pink *New* tempting or provoking the targeted decision-makers to ruin becomes a plausible exercise in perception management.
Bogs Women's Berkley Solid Rain Boot - Choose SZ/Color
If there is a single failing common to decision-makers throughout history, it is an excessive faith in intelligence. For reasons that remain obscure, decision-makers seem unable or unwilling to grasp the implications of the Epistemological Problem Angleton described. Despite ample warnings, they almost invariably place far more credence in intelligence reports than they deserve; and it is upon this most basic failing that offensive counterintelligence plays.
In The Art of War, Sun Tzu wrote “Supreme excellence is to subdue the enemy without fighting” La Botte Gardiane Black Suede Slouch Boots Guardian Haute Cuir 37 NWOB $349and argued this end may best be achieved by manipulating the “Golden Threads” of intelligence – that is, the lines of communications that connect agents recruited from within the enemy’s camp to one’s own. The first Golden Thread may be activated by sacrificing deliberately misinformed low-level agents for capture, Born Women's Casco Black Full Grain leather Chelsea booties New With Box!dangling double agents for enemy recruitment, and dispatching false defectors to the enemy’s camp. The second is brought into play by querying the agent-in-place to determine how the enemy decision-makers have interpreted the false information they delivered. If the information evokes the intended state of mind, the false message can be reinforced by repeating the process in different ways. If not, it can be modulated until it does.
By these means offensive counterintelligence operations can create a false picture of reality in the minds of targeted decision-makers, much as an artist paints an image upon a sheet of canvass. Brush stroke by brush stroke, the attacking service can exploit the enemy intelligence service it suborned to systematically manipulate the Mind of the State.
Unlisted by Kenneth Cole Men's Drop Ur Anchor Ankle Bootie - Choose SZ/Color
The many critics of offensive counterintelligence argue that strategic deception operations of the size and scale suggested above are far too complex and complicated to be practical, as they are doomed to eventually collapse under their own weight. CHIPPEWA "Sport Utility" Women's Brown Leather Work Boots, Size 7.5-8 M (?)The criticism is true at least in part, but nonetheless disingenuous. Intelligence operations of any sort have a relatively short shelf life; and unless shut down by those who initiated them or uncovered by their intended targets, they will ALL eventually collapse for similar cause.
Perhaps more to the point, modern history is strewn with examples of successful strategic deceptions including the TRUST operation of the 1920’s, which saved the nascent Soviet state from ruin; the Soviet-sponsored WIN operation that forced the United States to abandon its post-war efforts to liberate Eastern Europe; and the Anglo-American deception operation that made possible the successful invasion of Normandy in 1944. All of these operations were conducted in the manner outlined above, and each inflicted massive damage upon the states they targeted.
Unfortunately, the United States abandoned its national counterintelligence capability in December of 1974 – and with it, the ability to mount large-scale strategic deception operations. Redefined and re-envisioned by successive administrations, $160 Anthropologie Latigo Peace Boots by Latigo NIB Size 6counterintelligence had been reduced to little more than a security function until the Clinton Administration partially resurrected it after disastrous and overlapping penetrations of the CIA and the FBI were uncovered in the 1990’s. Expanded and reorganized in the aftermath of 9-11, a National Counterintelligence Executive now exists as a semi-autonomous supervisory agency. And yet despite the many long overdue reforms that have been undertaken since 2001, U.S. counterintelligence remains hobbled by an obtuse and legalistic definition, conceptual confusion,VTG FRYE Knee High Campus Boots Womens 7B Black Label Brown Leather Western USA tangled jurisdictions, and – above all – by institutional timidity. For while offensive counterintelligence operations are now officially recognized, they remain tightly controlled and rarely sanctioned. They are tactical operations, most often mounted in reprisal.
Despite ample modern precedents, strategic deception operations of the sort advocated by Sun Tzu and refined by Angleton remain beyond the pale. This is unfortunate and – for those that seek to limit the suffering caused by armed conflict – deeply disconcerting.Miz Mooz Tall Leather Wedge Boots with Side Zip - Marybeth Women's EU40 US 9-9.5Aerosoles Women's Fortunate Bootie Black 7 M US
For in the Great Game of Nations, offensive counterintelligence remains the only plausible means for achieving victory without war. For if only in theory, it is the primary offensive instrument of state.
Published by the Center for Intelligence Studies.Pleaser Women's Del3029/b/m Boot - Choose SZ/ColorBurberry Clemence Check Rainboots Rain Boots Sz 38 / 8
1016 K Street NE. Washington, DC. 20002
202 / 399-0292
Copyright 2009. This paper may be reproduced in part or in whole for civic or educational purposes, provided that context is preserved and full attribution is given